I’m definitely a peanut butter addict and lately that addiction has been running wild. I have had a craving for this sandwich for weeks and finally gave in this morning. While it makes a delicious and nutritious breakfast it certainly can be eaten for any meal. And as an anytime snack…..well, it’s just perfection.
Try a little shake of cinnamon in the sandwich before cooking and/or a dusting of powdered sugar over the sandwich after it is grilled. These touches take this masterpiece over the top!
- peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- bread - I like sourdough, rye or cinnamon bread for an extra special touch
- banana - sliced into rounds
- honey - enough to drizzle over the sandwich
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat
- Butter 2 slices of bread
- Place 1 piece on a plate, the buttered side down
- Spread the peanut butter onto the bread - use the amount that you prefer
- Place the banana slices evenly over the peanut butter
- Drizzle honey over the banana layer
- Optional - Sprinkle a bit of cinnamon over the honey
- Place the 2nd piece of bread on top - buttered side up
- Place the sandwich into the skillet and cook until it is browned. Flip the sandwich and cook the other side until browned.
- (Optional) Shake a dusting of powdered sugar over the sandwich
- Serve immediately