Sometimes you create a dish that is just so good that it makes you smile when you think about it; and crave tasting it. Enter this chicken kofta burger. As you read through the ingredients list you will seriously think that these spices could not mix into something tasty. I assure you, they do and everyone I make this dish for absolutely raves about it!
This was inspired by my favorite neighborhood Mediterranean restaurant. I love it, it is by far my favorite place to eat. But…you all know I love to re-create restaurant dishes in my own kitchen. I enjoy their chicken kofta so much that it inspired me to make my own. It took a few attempts but here is the finished product. Please try this one, your taste buds will be thrilled!!
Try serving it with roasted sweet potatoes and my kale taboulli salad.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ to ⅓ cup fresh parsley - chopped
- 1½ tablespoons fresh mint - chopped
- ⅓ cup onion - diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 Tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl with your hands until well combined.
- Form the mixture into oval shaped patties.
- Cook on a stove-top grill pan over medium heat for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Or broil 5-6 inches from heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once.