Boneless Buffalo wings, one of the best bar snacks ever invented. I loved them in my 20’s but sadly I no longer have the metabolism of a 20 year old and not to mention it’s bikini season. So…. I get my buffalo chicken fix with this delicious and nutritious pasta salad. There is all of that delicious buffalo chicken flavor but without the breading, the frying and the guilt. And, wait for it…..there’s even fresh crumbled blue cheese! Yep, I’ve covered all the bases with this one. You could pack it for a poolside lunch where you can wear and rock your two-piece bathing suit.
I was able to find a bottle of all natural ranch dressing made with yogurt which was good for this recipe. You can also use my homemade Buttermilk ranch dressing.
- 2 cups dry whole wheat Rotini or Penne pasta
- 2 cups of rotisserie chicken or cooked chicken breast - shredded
- 3 stalks of celery - diced
- 4 green onions (white and green parts) - diced
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 8-10 ounces of all natural bottled Ranch Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce (or more)
- ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Cook the pasta to al dente, rinse and set aside to cool thoroughly.
- In a small bowl, combine the ranch dressing, blue cheese and buffalo sauce.
- Test the spiciness of the dressing and add more hot sauce to your liking.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooled pasta, chicken, celery, onion and carrot together.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and stir with a spatula until evenly coated.
- Serve and enjoy!