I absolutely love mandarin oranges! The fresh ones and yes, the ones from a can. I buy the no added sugar variety, the ones in their own juice, and they are delicious and so versatile. I like them in a mixed green or spinach salad, fruit salad and made into a vinaigrette that I’ve shared here.
The best part of the mandarin orange is……its peak season is WINTER!! What, winter? How can a perfectly sweet citrus fruit want to be born in the winter? Truthfully, I don’t really know or care to look it up. All I know is I love them and love to cook with this beautiful sunny fruit in the winter!
- juice from 2 mandarin oranges or juice from 1 large can of mandarin oranges (⅓ cup)
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl or jar.
- Mix or shake to combine.
- Serve on your favorite salad. This would also be a delicious marinade for chicken, fish or beef.
- Store in a tightly sealed container for 1 week in the refrigerator.