I recently entered a recipe contest for EGGO waffles. Here was my submission. It is a sweet and savory adult waffle. The combination of the blue cheese, dried cranberries, pears and crunchy pecans made for a very satisfying breakfast.
**Note – This same combination of ingredients is wonderful over slices of toasted baguette for a very sophisticated bruschetta appetizer. It’s perfect for the holidays!
I’m waiting to find out if I’m the big winner; my fingers are crossed.
- 2 EGGO Waffles
- 1 large pear
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons raspberry preserves
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped pecans
- clover honey (or pure maple syrup) for drizzling
- Toast the EGGO Waffles to desired level of doneness per package directions.
- Cut the pears into quarters, remove the core and slice into ½ inch thick slices.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat (a nonstick skillet works best).
- Add the brown sugar, cinnamon and dried cranberries and stir to combine.
- Add the pears, stirring them to combine with the sauce. Cook for 4-5 minutes until they are tender.
- Spread the raspberry preserves onto the waffles.
- Place the pears and cranberries onto the waffles.
- Spoon the pan sauce over the waffles.
- Add the chopped pecans and blue cheese onto the waffles.
- Drizzle your masterpiece with honey or maple syrup.
- Enjoy this delicious breakfast!