I need to warn you, this makes a huge batch and you’ll definitely need it as it’s so yummy that you can eat it in one sitting. I think this would be great to snack on when you’re passing out candy on Halloween night; while listening to your Halloween music playlist of course. A little Monster Mash anyone?
I have the distinct honor of being a pediatric therapist in my real (non food blogging) life. I made a batch of this tonight for the kids I see as a special Halloween treat. I wrapped single serving portions in little cellophane bags tied with Halloween ribbon. I sure hope they love it!
- 16 ounces of white chocolate or vanilla flavored candy coating (plus up to 8 ounces additional if you want the mix heavily coated)
- 2 cups tiny twist pretzels
- 1¼ cups Cheerios
- 1¼ cups Corn Chex
- 1¼ cups cinnamon flavored wheat chex
- 1 10 oz bag of candy corn
- orange and black sprinkles (I used a harvest blend) - use desired amount for color
- Mix the pretzels, cereals and candy corn in a big bowl or on a large baking sheet (that's what I use as I don't have a big enough bowl).
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave starting with 1 minute then stirring. Repeat heating for 15-20 seconds, stirring after each heating. It is easy to overheat the chocolate which changes its texture. This method works very well.
- Drizzle the melted white chocolate over the mixture and stir gently to coat the mixture as evenly as possible.
- Transfer to a large baking sheet and add the sprinkles over the top.
- Let the mixture cool for 2-3 hours.
- Break the mix into pieces with a spatula.
- Store in plastic bags or an airtight container.