I really love most of the winter squashes but by far my favorite is the butternut squash. It’s mild taste is comforting and so delicious, I look forward to it every year! My favorite way to prepare it roasting it in the oven with a little olive oil, salt and pepper until soft. It’s the perfect meal with a bowl of hot soup.
Okay Fall, I’m finally beginning to embrace you and all of the beautiful seasonal foods you have to offer. Stay tuned for my butternut squash soup, it’s a real treat!
- 1 butternut squash - peeled, cut in ½ lengthwise, seeds removed and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay the squash on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Drizzle olive oil over the squash (approximately 2 Tablespoons)
- Mix the olive oil over all sides of the squash pieces with your hands.
- Roast the squash for 20 minutes then move/flip it around with a spatula.
- Continue roasting approximately 5-10 more minutes until fork tender and slightly browned.