Guacamole = yummy
I’m a huge fan of the avocado with its smooth and creamy texture and its subtle flavor. It’s also a nutritional powerhouse with all of those good mono unsaturated fatty acids. This guacamole salsa could not be easier; just 5 ingredients. Chop, mix, serve and enjoy. Your friends will say, “what’s in this? It’s sooooo good!”
You can also mash the avocado and then add the other ingredients for a smoother more dip-like consistency as opposed to a fresh, textured salsa.
- 1 avocado - diced
- ½ of a red onion- diced
- 1 medium tomato - diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper (ribs and seeds removed) - minced
- handful of cilantro - chopped
- juice of ½ a lime
- Kosher salt to taste (approximately ½ teaspoon)
- Mix the avocado, red onion, tomato, jalapeno and cilantro in a bowl.
- Juice the lime over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the Kosher salt and mix again.
- Serve as a salsa with chips or warmed corn tortillas or as a garnish on your tacos.