No doubt that Mexican cuisine is one of my favorites. But I really love the fresh and healthy style of Mexican cooking. No fried greasy beef-filled tortillas smothered with melted cheese here! The avocados, tomatoes, peppers, lime and fresh herbs blend together so well both for their visual beauty as well as their marriage of fresh flavor.
I say this as humbly as I can but this was one of the best meals I’ve created in a good number of days. It was a beautiful flavor forward meal. The fact that all these beautiful ingredients are in season helped considerably.
I served the turkey tacos along with a broccoli slaw salad with a sweet rice vinegar dressing and a guacamole salsa. My girlfriend was totally speechless over this dinner. Of course, her mouth was full most of the time so……..
Enjoy! As always, I welcome your comments and any ideas on additional ingredients you might add.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 Tablespoons of all natural preservative free Taco Seasoning (I used Penzy)
- ½ Tablespoon cumin
- 6 radishes - thinly sliced into rounds
- Sour cream for serving
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- Brown the ground turkey in a skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Add ⅔ cup water, the taco seasoning and cumin.
- Simmer until the water is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Warm the tortillas on a griddle pan or skillet or in the oven wrapped in foil.
- Serve the ground beef in the warm tortillas garnished with guacamole salsa, radishes, sour cream and chopped fresh cilantro (optional)