My birthday was this past weekend and my sweet friend Paula brought me some “healthy” yet super scrumptious treats. These cookie balls are amazing! The recipe actually calls for chocolate chips but…..I’m allergic to chocolate! True story and before you respond with the typical “ugh, I’m so sorry for you” response I have to tell you it’s really ok. I don’t crave it or want it as it makes me sick; literally. So, Paula substituted butterscotch chips. My friend, who tried both varieties, actually preferred the butterscotch over the chocolate. You, of course, can decide for yourself. And as always, please let me know which you prefer!
Thank you to Paula for coming to my party and bringing such a thoughtful and healthy “cookie.” Happy Birthday to me!
- ⅓ cup almond butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- ¼ cup coconut oil softened, but not melted
- 2 Tablespoons raw, organic honey
- ½ cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup crushed pretzels
- ⅓ cup butterscotch chips
- ½ roasted almond slivers (optional)
- Mix all ingredients until fully combined. Form into balls and freeze. Bring to room temperature to eat. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.